Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I was bitten by the creativity bug...

It started with this website: http://the3rsblog.wordpress.com

And I knew I wanted a Starburst Light of my own!

Quite the tedious 1.5 day worth of work. I think by the time I was on my 463th strip of paper, I cursed myself for taking on this project. Though the only thing that kept me going and stopped me from throwing the light fixture out of the window was the end results. I love how beautifully it came out!






This shall be a new addition to my apartment back in Uni. My belated housewarming present for it :)

Materials: Paper lamp, translucent paper, and glue

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I'm contemplating trying this, but I don't think I have the patience..

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg wow! I would not have the patience. LOL Great job though! It's totally worth the effort : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! It looks amazing when lit! It looks really artsy. Kudos for the patience and how well it turned out. Nice one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the sounds of this diy project. i think i will try and attempt this. is the first image a store bought lantern or was that also diy? also, does it look cheap when the lights are off?

    i'm concerned about bugs climbing into the lamp, making babies and growing a family in there. ...i think i'm being paranoid.

    ReplyDelete